Sunday 29 January 2017

COMIC COVERS 'SNAP'! PART TWENTY - IS THERE NO JUSTICE? OR: THE AVENGER DROPS IN!

Characters copyright ADVANCE MAGAZINE PUBLISHERS Inc.

This is another of those 'can't remember if I've done it before posts', but we're talking pure quality here, so if I'm repeating myself, these covers are worth seeing again anyway.  40 years to the month after DC COMICS released their take on KENNETH ROBESON's JUSTICE INC., DYNAMITE ENTERTAINMENT published their version, with a great 'homage' by ALEX ROSS to JOE KUBERT's 1975 cover.  Bloody brilliant - both of them!  Agree?
   


If you'd like to see all four '70s DC covers, plus the unused cover art for the first ish, click here.

2 comments:

Phil S said...

It's strange how I remember this cover but I don't even own the comic. That's how strong an inpression the old school comics had on me.

Kid said...

I think it's almost a cert that this cover would leave an impression on you if you saw it in the spinner-rack, PS, even if you didn't buy the actual comic. It's a belter. And the Alex Ross 'homage' is superb.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...