Monday 27 July 2015

PLAYMATES FROM FAR-AWAY PLACES - PART ONE...


Image copyright D.C. THOMSON & Co., Ltd

Nope, not the type of playmates that first spring to mind if your a follower of HUGH HEFNER's magazine, but something altogether more innocent.  Back in 1972, the first dozen issues of LITTLE STAR featured a series on the back cover called PLAYMATES FROM FAR-AWAY PLACES.  They're nice and colourful (with a few age spots, alas) and I thought it would be nice to show them on the blog.

So here's the first one.  Reminds me of the illustrations in the LADYBIRD books I read in school as a child.  (Wish I was again.)  I bought the first 25 issues of Little Star not too long ago, to hopefully mine the content for material to publish on the Blog, so you can let me know if it's the sort of comics-stuff you're interested in.

No comments:



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...