Wednesday 6 November 2013

PART TWO OF MARVEL'S DOCTOR WHO COVER GALLERY...


DOCTOR WHO copyright BBC TV

Never one to rest on my laurels (though sometimes I'll relax on my hardies), I plunge once more into the frenetic fray with yet another generous helping of images from MARVEL's U.S. monthly mag from the mid-'80s. DAVE GIBBONS was the cover artist for these issues and, as ol' BRUCIE would say, didn't he do well?!  (That one will probably be lost on our American readers.)

Seeing as how the 50th Anniversary of The DOCTOR is coming up later this month, I thought I'd whet your appetite for all things WHO by teasing you with the accompanying awesome illustrations. And just think, you lucky peeps - there's still one more part to come featuring the final eight covers in the series.  Don't forget to be here!

Da-da-de-dum, da-da-de-dum, da-da-de-dum...
  








2 comments:

vwstieber said...

The 2nd from the top is a riff on Steranko's NICK FURY # 6 cover. Very well done, I might add, with a general air of goofiness.

Kid said...

Very well spotted, sir - it is indeed similar, if my memory serves me properly.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...