Sunday 15 September 2013

JUMP ABOARD THE TV EXPRESS - FOR THE HUCK & YOGI SHOW...

Copyright relevant owner

As a little Sunday treat for you all, here's a page from a 1960s issue of TV EXPRESS, featuring HUCKLEBERRY HOUND and YOGI BEAR.  It's interesting to note that Huck is the main star here, with Yogi being essentially a page-filler, as reflecting his then second-string status on the big blue dog's TV show.  Of course, Yogi soon got a show of his own, and actually eclipsed Huck in terms of popularity and longevity, becoming a far bigger draw than his canine pal.

That's Showbiz!

2 comments:

John Pitt said...

I don't remember TV Express, which is unusual, as throughout the late 50's & early 60' s my (then bachelor) uncle Bill used to buy me a copy of every comic published (or so I thought!), every Saturday, wrapped up in a roll of brown paper! Even Busty & Judy ( never read them, honest!) But not this one. I can only assume that he considered (quite rightly) that all the text stories were too old for me. But I would have remembered, as I was mad on all things Hanna-Barbera. The trouble was ,because they mounted up so much my "wicked"Mother would throw them away, which really upset me! Anyway, as all the English comics were taken care of, that freed up any pocket money for the American comic books. I started with Dell tv westerns & Classics Illustrated, until I discovered DC. Wasn't childhood great? And is it any wonder I've grown up this way? Sigh, if only I had them all back again........

Kid said...

I often feel the same way, JP. I think that's why I've spent the last 30 years of my life trying to buy back as much of my childhood as possible.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...