Sunday 14 April 2013

PART FOUR OF FANTASTIC JOHNNY FUTURE THRILL-FEST...

Copyright REBELLION
   
I really do think that I should get some kind of award - a BLUE PETER badge at least.  "What for?" you may ask.  I'll tell you.
 
Do you realize just how difficult it is to write the intros to these JOHNNY FUTURE episodes and not repeat myself?  I'm not talking about the basic info that JF appeared in a comic called FANTASTIC back in the '60s, or that it was published by ODHAMS PRESS and drawn by the amazing LUIS BERMEJO.  No, that's the easy part.
 
The hard part is in 'dressing up' it up so that you rollickin' readers don't feel you're simply being subjected to the exact same introduction each and every strip.  I couldn't bear to think of any of you getting the idea that I'm a lazy loafer who merely regurgitates the same ol' copy you read last time.  Or the time before that, and the time before... well, I'm sure you get the picture.
 
And talking of pictures, here are the ones you've just waded through pant-loads of piffle to get to - so I won't hold you back any longer.
 
 

 

4 comments:

DeadSpiderEye said...

Bit of a leap in continuity or is there an episode between the dunk in The River and this?

Kid said...

Nope, it follows on from the previous episode. Watch and see - the mystery shall be revealed.

PhilSee said...

More Johnny! Thanks for posting - a great way to start my Monday morning in the office with another fine example of Luis Bermejo's superb artwork. (Web browsing being permissible during break times in our office, in case it might seem like I was slacking off!) He conveys such a variety of textures and has quite the command of picture composition with just black and white - no grey tones other than the pen strokes. Very graphic, in a design sense of the word.

Kid said...

Yup, they're absolutely excellent. I'd still like to see them with a subtle colouring job applied 'though. Glad you're enjoying them, Phil.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...