Saturday 17 July 2010

ART FOR ART'S SAKE...


Art by Kid Robson after John Romita Jr. & Bob Layton
 
There's an old saying that I'm sure you'll all be familiar with: "If you don't use it, you lose it."  With that in mind, I thought I'd try having a go at drawing something, and the cover of IRON MAN #150 seemed ideal.  Note that the above artwork is not a tracing, nor the result of a projector; I merely sat the comic in front of me and drew it freehand as I saw it - much as I would if I had a model posing for me.  (I used a ruler to 'finish' the logo, of course - after sketching it out freehand.)  I didn't strive to make it an exact copy down to the last line; I allowed for a little personal interpretation, which is why it looks more like a pin-up than a cover.  When I sign it, I'll also acknowledge the original cover artists.  I'm quite proud of it, but I could be persuaded to part with it for the right offer, I suppose.

This is actually a photograph of the original art - not a scan.

2 comments:

BC said...

fantastic artwork

Kid said...

Oops! Missed this one. Thanks.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...